Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update...









Wow! I guess I need to catch up. Who to start with first....
Alyssa - had an x-ray, EKG and Echo cardiogram on Wednesday at the hospital. She kept saying "I don't want to have surgery". I kept telling her we weren't. We had a good report. Her heart is about the same - not much worse. He said she will have an open heart surgery where they will replace her pulmonary valve with a human donor valve but he wants to wait as long as possible since that donor valve only has a set life span and then we will need to replace it again. It was good to hear that news. I kept thinking if they tell me she needs to have surgery now, I think I'm going to lose it. But we don't so we are good.
Olivia - I'm trying to remember what I wrote prior to this. We went to the Dr., had an x-ray and blood work. The x-ray showed a lot of gas. Olivia was put on Zantac and what a blessing! She slept the whole night bedsides her feedings. She has stopped spitting up. Thank God for Zantac!!!!! What a great night!!
Emma - Big day!!!! She came off of the c-pap today and was put on a nasal cannula!!!! Wow!!!! She also came off of gown, glove and mask!!! Mike and I got to hold her for the first time without all that stuff on. It was great!!! So far she is doing amazingly on it. They will let her adjust and slowly wean her down. She is on 4 liters right now. Go Emma!!!
Loren - nothing medically (Thank Goodness). She is our climber. Walked in to the kitchen today and she is on the kitchen table. She loves to kiss Olivia. She loves to dance - looks like she has an invisible hula hoop on. Oh..and she likes to yell Hi to everyone.
Enjoy the pictures!
Also...Emma has almost tripled her birth weight. I think she is 2 ounces away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Emma looks amazing!! So awake and alert! And you and Mike look SO happy holding her without all the garb on!! Congrats to everyone! Thank goodness Alyssa's surgery can wait!

Jumping For Joy Inflatables said...

Mike and Bethany-
I am a friend of Linda's and was just wanting to say that you two are doing an amazing job and those little twins are just absolute miracles!!! ALL of your girls are jsut precious, by the way. I have been following your story and most of all, I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for complete restoration to their little bodies. I appreciate you opening up your lives to us. Keep up the good work, you're doing great!!
Love in Him-
Jessica Petty