Friday, July 4, 2008

Turning a corner?...








So maybe we are turning a corner...

Emma is doing extremely well. She has gone from 78% oxygen two days ago down to 28% today. Her blood gases are so good that they have been lowering all her settings. They have lowered them again and she is adjusting to that so her oxygen is up a little to 40% but that is still great. They will leave her where she is at now and do another blood gas at 6:00 a.m. and see where she is at. I'm just praying she stays strong where she is and the blood gas will be good. Again, slow is the best right now for her. Adjusting things and letting her get used to them is the key. I'm so proud of her. I do feel like we are walking on eggshells though.

Olivia is doing great too! They were going to take her off of the oxygen today but they are going to give it one more day since they started her feeds again this morning. She is still struggling to stool on her own, which in turn affects how much she is digesting her food. We need to keep praying for her during this gut priming process.

Here are some pictures to enjoy! Alyssa and Loren went in my room and put on some of my clothes (thank goodness it was clean laundry) and came out holding hair brushes. It was very cute!!! Loren looks like she is in charge here.
I'm very tired and going to bed.
Love you all,
Bethany

3 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

Oh my! Its like they grow SO SO much every time you take their picture!! Olivia looks just like Mike! I can't wait to meet them in person and tell them how much we've been praying for them! We love you! Happy Fourth!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!!! It's been a couple days since I checked in, but my prayers were still rolling in. I am thrilled to see the progress Emma and Olivia are both making! It just warms my heart! Thank you for sharing your ongoing testimony with all of us. Love you!
Julia

Angel said...

They're looking good and it's sounding better every time I check in....they're going to be home before you know it!