Friday, July 25, 2008

Keep on keepin on....

I know it has been 2 whole days. I'm sorry.

I feel like a lot has happened. I'm just going to fill you in. I don't know what I've told you and what I haven't and to be frank...I'm too tired to go back and read what I already wrote. Two days ago both girls were doing well. Olivia was on the road to coming home this weekend. Emma was doing well with her c-pap settings. Last night we went in and I guess Emma rebounded. She went from 30-40's on the oxygen to 100%. So they started trying other things and they basically did everything but reintibate her. She has in the nasal cannula on the ventilator. So she is basically on the ventilator but she just doesn't have the tube down her. That really is a good thing. I'll take anything as long as she doesn't have that tube down her. Since they switched her, she has been in the 50's and 60's for oxygen. She had a good day as far as staying stable and not getting worse. We are being very careful to not wake her and make her worse.

Olivia is ready to come home but is not passing her car seat test so I don't know when she is coming home. They said she has a 50/50 chance of coming home tomorrow. Whatever that means. She has been taking all of her feeds and I was able to nurse her today for one feeding and she did great. I spent the whole day with her. She got her pictures taken. She got a bath. I gave her her medicines. I fed her at every feeding. The day went well. It's just very draining and I'm feeling like I'm at the end of my rope again. I guess this is just how the phase goes. You would think I would be used to it.

It didn't help that yesterday a light went on in our van indicating something was wrong. This afternoon it went off. So is there something wrong? Mike and Tom are going to check it out this weekend. Then tonight when I was pumping - my pump broke. The milk starting flowing down the tube and into the machine. That can't be good. That is the LAST thing I need. I might be at the NICU all day tomorrow just to use their machine. Aughh!! Mike is trying to fix it...we'll see if it works.

I almost think I need another week with Olivia there so I can rest up again - mentally!

Please keep praying for Emma's lungs. Please keep praying for Olivia's digestive system...that it keeps working without infections. And please keep praying for our endurance to keep on with this journey. I know this is another point where God will pick us up and carry us through. I'm going to call it a night and go see if my pump is fixed. Oh yea, please pray for my pump. Just kidding. : ) Have a great night!

Love you all!
Bethany

1 comment:

Gina Beckwith said...

I have a Pump In Style Double kick-butt machine if you need to borrow. Otherwise, talk to the breastfeeding resource center or ask to speak to the lactation consultant on staff at OSF. Gina- the breastfeeding guru!