Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Emma in my arms....







Yes, I finally got to hold Miss Emma Grace today. She did really well and I loved every minute of it despite the mask, glove and gown. She is so beautiful!!! Believe it or not, 3 lbs. can start to feel like 20 lbs. after awhile.
Emma was taken off of the jet today and is holding steady. She is still on the ventilator. They will check a blood gas in the morning to see how she is doing. Hopefully she will be off that in a few days. We need to keep praying for her little lungs.
Olivia took her last feed by bottle - all 38 ml. of it. Good girl!! I hope that she will keep it up. She did spit up all over dad tonight. It was funny (I'm sure daddy didn't think so). Hee Hee!! : )
I think that is all for today. We'll just keep waiting and watching and praying.
We love these girls so much!!!
Have a good night!
Bethany

2 comments:

Meercat said...

What a special day! Thank you for posting so many great pictures! You look beautiful, New Mommy, and I'm rejoicing with you waaaay down here in NC as I read each little step Emma and Olivia take in the right direction! Go, go go! Rest up while you can...they'll be home soon. :-) Hugs to you!!

backyard babe said...

This is the site I want to officially add my first post. : ) What a precious, sweet, beautiful baby girl! I am so thankful for these little girls' lives. I'll be waiting for the full family picture. I love you, Bethany. Susan