Thursday, July 3, 2008

Maybe we should leave...

Mike and I spent some good time with Emma and Olivia today. However, while we were there, they decided they were going to show us their tricks like holding their breath and dropping their heart rates over and over. We got the hint. Once we left, they were fine. I don't know if they get excited when we are around or what. It's like when the Colts play...somehow I feel like if they are losing, it's because I'm watching and as soon as I leave the room, they'll come back. I know it's all in my head.

The girls are doing well. Big milestones today...
Emma has reached 3 pounds. Actually 3 lb. 1 oz. yahoo!!!!
Olivia has reached 4 pounds. Actually 4 lb. 1/4 oz. yahoo!!!
As of a phone call 2 minutes ago, Olivia has moved to room 4. She has been taking her feeds well. Tonight they pulled back 1.8 aspirate tinged with some blood. So they are going to give her a rest from feeds for the night. They just think her tube might be irritating her. She is still waiting to stool on her own so that could be bothering her too. But she is at 1 liter of oxygen and doing well. She was sleeping while we were in there. The weight gain is great for her.
Emma is currently at 52% oxygen which is fabulous!!! They suctioned her and she pooped a ton and immediately starting satting higher so she kept lowering her oxygen. Yea!!! They are slowly weaning her off of the nitric oxide (down to 3) which she seems to be tolerating. They will do a blood gas in the morning to see how she is doing.
I'm so proud of my girls!!! They are doing so well!!!

The other news we received today is that I don't have cancer. I had an MRI for the twins in Cincinnati. During it they found a "massive cyst" on my left kidney. So after the twins were born, I had an ultrasound and I've been awaiting the results. Mike and I walked in today and the first thing out of the doctor's mouth was "you don't have cancer". He said I have a "fatty tumor". Why can't it be a skinny tumor? I mean, seriously...come on. Just kidding. Bad joke. Anyway, my kidney looks like a tire that has been curbed one too many times - how it bulges on the side. Well, that is how my kidney looks with some kind of calcium growth (not sure what that means). But he said the hospital wants me to have a CAT scan to see exactly what it is and he wants to see me every year to keep an eye on it. He said that it is nothing to worry about. I'm scheduled for my CAT scan in December.

So we had a pretty darn good day!!!
Let's keep them coming!!

Have a Happy 4th of July!!!
Love,
Bethany

1 comment:

Angel said...

Thank you Jesus for the good news!!!