Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cypap to C-pap...



Emma and Olivia are two months old today. They have come so far and are growing stronger every day. I want them home so bad!!!! I'm ready to hold them in the comfort of our own home, to let them meet their sisters and snuggle with us til the wee hours of the morning. It's definitely getting closer.
Emma came off of the cypap today and went to the c-pap. Basically, that just means they took away her rate (breaths per minute). She just has a continuous pressure. She is doing really well with that. We'll see what tomorrow holds. I don't know how far they are going to push her. She's amazing. Emma Grace weighs 3 lb. 9 oz. (It's amazing to think that she weighed 1 lb 6 oz. at birth). Not to mention the weight she lost after birth. She is growing more hair and still loves to eat!
Olivia is doing well and eating also. She weighs 4 lb. 10 oz. She is taking all eight bottles. She is at 20 ml. a feeding. By Friday she will be at full feeds which is 40 ml. The discharge nurse came and spoke with me today about plans. It sounds like we are getting close. I will probably room in with her Friday night. She needs to pass the car seat test and Mike and I need to watch videos. Then she should be good to come home. If things go according to plan with no more bumps in the road, she should have her home by Saturday or Sunday. We'll see. We will be having in-home nursing. Basically, that just means that a nurse will stop by 2 or 3 times a week and check on the girls. She will weigh them and check their heart and lungs, etc. I know this will give me a piece of mind. Plus, I won't have to keep taking them in to the Doctor and exposing them to all those germs.
Here are some pictures of the girls!! (Olivia does have an i.v. in her head).
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Gina Beckwith said...

Seeing their beautiful faces makes my day!!!