Monday, July 21, 2008

What a great day!!!




Here is Grandma with Olivia and the other two are precious pictures of Emma off of the ventilator.

Maybe it is just my imagination...but I'm starting to feel like when we hold Emma that she does better. Yesterday I held her and it was wonderful!!! She was between 55-70% oxygen at a rate of 20 breaths per minute. And today she is better. This morning I went in and she was at 37% oxygen and doing well. They decided to lower her rate from 20 to 10 and she is still doing well in the 30's. I'm so thrilled!! We'll see where this goes. They are taking their cues from her. Go Emma Grace!!!
Miss Olivia is doing well also. They did another x-ray this morning and she looks good so they restarted her feeds. They are not going to gut prime. They are starting her feeding schedule. I fed her 8 ml. at noon and the nurse fed her two more bottles since. Yea!!! Go Olivia Michelle!!!
Mike and I painted another bathroom. Each day I'm feeling more and more prepared to bring home these little bundles. I look forward to the day that I can dress them myself and just sit and snuggle them in the comfort of my own home. At the rate Emma is going, they just might be home at the same time. : ) Who knows?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Stumbled upon this randomly but was really drawn in by your story. Congratulations, and best wishes!

Wortley said...

hey bet...still here with you every step of the way! Keegan just turned 2 today! Crazy how times flies!! Just think 2 years for your little cuties will be a total blast! you'll get there...if I have to carry you! Still praying! Lots of love and cheers!!
Stacie