Sunday, July 20, 2008

I got to hold Emma today...

I got to hold Emma today for a brief moment. I loved every minute of it! Then she pulled out her feeding tube which cut our holding time short. She is just so sweet and doing so well. She is still on the cypap and at 55% oxygen. She had a very good day today. We'll see what tomorrow holds.
Miss O. is doing better. They have stopped her feeds until her belly heals. They are letting it "rest". She is coming back negative for infection. She does have dilated loops in her bowels and a lot of gas so they will wait for those to resolve. They have her scheduled for another x-ray in the morning. They did start her on TPN so she is getting all her nutrients through her i.v. If this will make her better, I'm all for it. I've seen her more awake in that last day than the whole last week put together. I think she is looking better.
Emma and Olivia have some of the best nurses taking care of her - ones that we really love! I appreciate all that they do and how they care for the girls and know them like we know them. That means the world to us!!! Thank you Julie, Lisa, Linda and Mickey!
Mike's mom is here this week and that will be a lot of help for me to get into the NICU to be with my girls. I need to get some good holding time in. Again, we'll see what tomorrow holds.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Congrats on being able to hold your little girl. My twin boys were born June 17th and weighed just over a pound each. I'm going through the nicu experience also so I know exactly how you feel.

Julie H. said...

Thanks for coming back before 7:00pm, so that I could see Emma being held. She felt good enough to enjoy the attention, and that is such a big step! I am very happy that you held her, even for a short time. Treasure the moments, even the small ones.