Monday, July 28, 2008

So let's get a better post out there...













I think my post yesterday was pretty wimpy and showed my lack of sleep so I'm going to make up for it by putting a lot of pictures on here. Enjoy!
Olivia is doing well at home. She has had two bradys (both went off while she was eating followed by a huge burp - and she self corrected). All the other alarms were just telling us that a lead was off. She loves being snuggled. Alyssa is all about being motherly to her. She wants to hold her, rock her, carry her...yes...we did draw the line somewhere. She is a great big sister. Loren has started giving Olivia kisses. It is very sweet! Alyssa loves to put her hand sanitizer on. I have to keep Olivia out of reach from Loren - if I didn't, she would end up back in the hospital. : )
We had a pediatrician appointment today and Olivia weighs 5 lbs. Big girl! They said that I'm allowed to nurse her twice a day now. They will continue to do weight checks and as she grows they will continue to increase the amount of times I can nurse. The doctor was very pleased with her. They were very good to send me straight back to a room instead of waiting in the waiting room with all the germs. : ) That made me feel better. We have to watch her weight. If there is too much of a weight gain, they might have to put her on a diuretic for her chronic lung disease. Right now she is right on target and does not need that. Yea!
It is great to have her home and now I'm ready for Emma!!!
Emma is doing well. I was able to make it to rounds this morning. They are going to try to slowly get her off of oxygen again. They took her rate from 20 down to 10 and she seems to be tolerating it. She is currently at 50% oxygen. He hopes to wean her down so by the end of the week she will be on the nasal cannula with a high flow. I hope it works but I'm just sitting back and watching, encouraging her along the way. I'm so proud of how far she has come. I think Olivia and Emma are looking more and more alike every day. I can't wait to get them together! Hopefully sooner than later.
Have a great night!!!
I'm going to get ready for my long night.
Thanks for the prayers - keep praying for the health of both our girls and that they will be together soon.
Love,
Bethany
P.S. Emma's day home will have a ton of pictures of her too!!!! : )

5 comments:

Joel and Maggie said...

Awesome.

joel, maggie said...

Hmm...not sure why that last comment misspelled "and". Let's try this again.
AWESOME.

Gina Beckwith said...

She is just so beautiful. I think I check for updates about 50 times per day. I just love checking on the little angels! Lots of hugs and kisses from us!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the pictures!!! I am so happy for all of you!

Auntie J said...

I loved seeing the pics, especially the one with Olivia smiling. She must be happy to be home. I also loved seeing pics of Alyssa and Loren. In some ways, Alyssa may actually be a big help, like entertaining her sisters and getting things for you. Know that you both and family are continually in our prayers. You have both been through more at this point in your lives than most of us have in a lifetime. The great thing is you are so strong together and still so strong in your faith. I know this is speaking to a lot of people, many of whom you may never know about. I am anxious to see you all on Saturday. Love you.