Sunday, July 27, 2008

One down..one to go...

Yes, just as I'm sure you are waiting to see the next episode of "Days of Our Lives", you are waiting to hear the verdict of Olivia coming home. Olivia did come home last night around 6:30 p.m. I got a phone call around noon saying that she was ready. We were very excited but had to rush around a little since we had little notice. She is doing well. I'm on the tired end of things since I just got reintiated to the sleepless nights hall of fame. I'm running on about 2 hours sleep. She has been sleeping really well during the day...the nights - forget it! Oh well...I'm so glad she is home. We had a nurse stop by today and check her weight and vitals. She is doing well. She weighs 4 lb. 14.1 oz. (She came home at 4lb. 13 oz.) So we have one down and one to go.
Miss Emma is doing pretty good. She is still on the nasal cannula ventilator (like cypap). We went in to see her last night. She was at 60% oxygen. She immediately starting satting high so they had to keep turning her down in oxygen. By the time we left, she was at 40%. It was really cool! Like us being there really helped her. I hope she makes some progress this week. I can wait to have her home too. It is hard leaving one there. I'm glad Olivia is home but I want Emma home too. Hopefully soon.
Well, I'm going to go tend to my baby. : )
Love to you all!
Bethany

5 comments:

Angel said...

How wonderful to have Olivia home!!! Are they saying how long until Emma comes home??

Gina Beckwith said...

What a dream come true to hold you baby in your arms at YOUR HOUSE!!! Tears of joy and praises to God!!!

kkwa said...

Keep going strong... we love you! Praying for you and so glad Olivia is home.
Love,
Kristin

Mark said...

Welcome home Olivia!! I'm praying that Emma is not far behind. Love you guys!

Denny, Debbie said...

Mike and Beth,
Just heard the wonderful news about Olivia being home from MIke's mom while visiting with Alyssa at the fence. Come on Emma, you're next! Such a blessing that you are holding Olivia in your home today! we think about you all the time and are praying for them both to be home and improving every day. We want to help you out wherever we can.
Congratulations!
Your back fence neighbors!