Monday, July 7, 2008

Still going well.....

Things are still going well.
Emma is up to 3 lb. 3 oz. She has tolerated everything they have done so far. Her pressure is down to 29. They will lower it to 28 at 3:00 a.m. and do another blood gas at 6:00 a.m. She is in the 40's for oxygen. Doing reall well!!! The x-ray from yesterday showed much improvement. The doctor said it was the best he had seen from her. She is also liking to be touched now. They said that is a sign that she is feeling better also. Go Emma!!!
Olivia is still off of the oxygen. She is still breathing fast so they can't give her all her feeds through the bottle. She had one bottle during the night. Hopefully this lasix will kick in and she will start to breathe easier. She is doing great with her feeds as they climb up. Go Olivia!!! She weighs 4 lb. 7 1/4 oz. I'm not sure how much of her weight gain they are contributing to fluid buildup. Time on the lasix should tell.
Mike and I and the kids are doing well too. We had a great weekend to ourselves (just Mike and I) and it was much needed.
I'm starting to get things ready for the girls to come home. I washed all their preemie clothes today. I set up their changing table so that is good to go. Their crib is already set up in our room so I just added some stuffed animals to it. I think we are ready whenever they are. We get closer with each passing day.
Much love,
Bethany

No comments: