Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'll make this quick...

I'll make this quick because I need some sleep. Last night I was up with Olivia til 6:30 a.m. She would not sleep at all and was spitting up like crazy. She was constipated too. So after racking my brain, I have finally decided that for sure it must be the formula she is on. The Doctor has had me feed her just breast milk today and there has been no spitting up. She has also started to stool again. We'll see how tonight goes. I feel certain this is the problem because I keep going back to the time she was in the hospital. The day they gave her formula because she ran out of my milk, she immediately began puking and has had problems ever since. If I could, I would just feed her my milk. But they said because she was 2 1/2 months premature, she really needs the calcium and some other stuff in that for her bones, etc. They are going to consult with the main Doctor in the NICU that deals with all the formula, breast milk, feeding issues and see what he says. They might just try a different kind. If she does well tonight, then I will know for sure that it is the formula. If she doesn't do well, then I'm back to hitting my head against the wall. Otherwise, she is doing well growing. A nurse will be coming tomorrow to check her weight and see how she is doing. We have some really good snuggle time. She loves to cuddle. Despite the sleepless nights, it is so good to have her home.

Emma weighs 4 lb. 6 oz. She is growing well. I held her tonight. It is the best feeling to be able to go in and pick her up and hold her when I want. She loves to snuggle too. She has the best nurses! They love to spoil her with hugs and holding her. I really appreciate that because I can't be there all day and I love to know that she is being loved and getting attention. Today Mickey was snuggling her and that meant so much to me. Tonight was a little hard. I just want to take Emma home with me. We are going on 3 months here in another week or so. They haven't changed her oxygen because they don't want to move too fast. She is doing really well and we don't want that to change. So we are just requiring a little more patience. Someday, although it feels like it will never happen, we will have both girls home and I can't wait for that day!!! I'm so tired of going to the hospital. Well, my pillow is calling me.

Please keep praying for Emma's lungs - that they will be able to continue to heal so she can come home soon. Please keep praying for Olivia's intestines - that we can sort out this problem. We love you all!

Bethany

No comments: