Thursday, August 21, 2008

Looks like we are getting closer...

Well Emma is progressing with her bottles. She took another full one (35 cc.) at 2:30 a.m. Other than that, she has been taking between 20-25 cc. She only took 12 for her morning feed. Sometimes they do well for 3 feedings and then get a little tired. Then they start back up again. I'm going to get in there this weekend and do some more feeding and watch the videos we need to get her home. We also have to do the car seat trial. She is not quite 5 lbs. so we'll probably see if we can use the one we got for Olivia now that Olivia is over 6 lbs.
Emma's calcium is high. It's something they have been keeping an eye on to make sure her kidneys are o.k. She has not developed any kidney stones so that is good. It is just something they will probably have us follow up on. The resident and I talked today to try to figure out how soon she might be coming home. She said they haven't really discussed it because they didn't expect her to do this well respiratory wise. She said they are all surprised. She is going to get back with me.
So after my great night with Olivia the night before last, last night was horrible with hardly any sleep. I can't put my finger on it!!!! Why more gassey one night and not the next???? I don't understand these people I gave birth to.
I'm going to try to catch a nap today. : )

1 comment:

Gina Beckwith said...

3 and 5 years later I STILL don't understand the people I gave birth to either!