Thursday, August 7, 2008

How do I say this in a kind way?

O.k. so I want to give myself the idiot of the year award. When Olivia was discharged, they told me to give her 38-43 cc. of milk every 3 hours. I had given her up to 45 after that because I thought she must be growing and needing more. So yesterday I was replaying over and over again how she has been at night. I kept thinking she acts like she is famished. Yesterday she was eating every 2 hours. So I thought you know what I'm going to try and see how much she will take. Yea, well, she downed 65 cc. like it was nothing. Then the next feeding came and I thought she probably would take a lot less since she took so much the time before. Nope, another 65 cc. So can I say I earned this award because she has eaten from 65-70 all night. And Amazingly - she slept like a champ the whole night. Are you kidding me? Was I so sleep deprived that this problem/solution didn't even cross my mind? I was just so used to 2 1/2 months of being so strict with her feeding schedule. It was always an amount - no more, no less. I am feeling better. I think I actually slept about 6 hours last night and it was great!! She woke up every 3 hours to eat. Thank the Lord I came to.

Emma is doing incredibley!!!! They lowered her yesterday from 4 liters to 3 liters and she has done great! They kind of expect her to compensate for the lowering of the flow by going up on the oxygen. She has not done that. She was at 40% when they did it and she is at 40% now. Praise the Lord!!!!

I'm anxious to see what they decide in rounds today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is WONDERFUL that you came to that conclusion...who cares how it happened! :) Sleep does wonders! I am just so thrilled that Olivia is doing so well at home and Emma is improving so nicely!!

Meercat said...

Hm, Olivia has a serious appetite! That is awesome and I'm so glad that you're getting better sleep now! Great news. Let's talk soon. I miss you...it's been too long! :-)