Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Oxygen

Emma is down to 1/4 of a liter on home oxygen! So Emma has made some huge leaps. She went from 2 liters to 1 liter. Then they switched her over to 1 liter on home oxygen today. She was satting high (which is good) so the moved her down to 1/2 liter. She was satting high again so they moved her down to 1/4 liter. She is doing very well. As she keeps satting high, they will keep turning her down. The next step is 1/8, then 1/16, then 1/32 and then completely off oxygen. The good news is that she is free to go home as far as oxygen is concerned. That is why they call it "home oxygen". She is still learning on her bottles and that will determine when she will come home. Hopefully while she is learning to eat, she will come the rest of the way off of oxygen. Boy, that would be a miracle but hey! we've already had two miracles. The first is that she made it through the surgery. The second is that she pulled out of being so sick. We are hearing from nurses now how severely sick she was (so close to death). I think they feel like they can be open now that she is doing so well. Many of them are still so surprised that she pulled through. She really is doing well. So the nurses told us to get our house ready because she is coming home soon. Again, it's all up to her on how fast she learns to eat. She had her eyes examined today. He said that there is less congestion and that is good. I didn't ask for an explanation - I'm just happy she is better. They will check again next week. Also her grade 2 blood on her brain is resolving so that is great news. Go Emma!!
Olivia is doing well. She has 2 doctor appointments next week. One is the eye appointment and the other is her pediatrician for a weight check. We'll see how she is doing. It would be nice if her blood vessels have completely formed in her eyes. We'll see...
She still keeps spitting up like crazy. I have to watch and see if it gets worse - informing the doctor if it does. I'm tired of doing laundry. I might as well not bother taking a shower and just wake up in the morning and go straight to the fridge, get out her bottle and dump it down my shirt. Yum!!! :(

Oh well...I love my girls! 4 girls...yep, I still can't believe I have 4 GIRLS!!!! Oh the hormones that will be raging in my house....and all at the same time!!!!

Alyssa starts preschool September 2nd so we are looking forward to that. Loren is in the phase where she picks up everything and comes over and hands it to you and wants you to say "thank you" and take it. So most of my day consists of taking that stuff and putting it back. I don't really have anything better to do....like pumping or feeding people or cleaning. Nope...just putting stuff away.

I'm going to try to get some sleep - I only slept 2 hours last night so I'm a bit tired. Hopefully we'll have more good news tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers and love!!!
Bethany and Fam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! That's all I can say! Everytime I think about where you were about 6 months ago, and everything you've been through with these babies, I'm just in awe of God's work in your life. Your faith has inspired so many, including myself. Thank you for sharing this experience...it is truly a testimony to be celebrated!!