Saturday, August 9, 2008

Every day gets harder...

Every day gets harder that Emma is not with us at home. I don't care that it will be more work, I want her home!!! She is doing really well. She is still on 3 liters of flow at 34% oxygen. That is the lowest she has been on oxygen. She is absolutely beautiful!! She has really filled out. She weighs 4 lb. 7 oz. I'm hoping this week brings a lot of progress. My mom is coming to help out so I should be able to get in the NICU more. She is going to help me catch up on some sleep too. That will be NICE!!!!
Olivia is doing very well. She is at 5 lb. 9 oz. We are trying a new formula that is hypo-allergenic for babies that have trouble digesting cow's milk. It's geared towards colicky babies. She seems to be doing better already. Hopefully this will up her weight gain too. We go to the eye doctor this week on Tuesday and to the pediatrician on Friday. We have the early childhood development nurse coming on Thursday. I'm so glad I got all of Alyssa's appointments out of the way before the twins came home.
The eye doctor checked Emma's eyes this week and she has developed stage 2 level with her eyes. They have developed ridges. Don't ask me what that means because I don't know. All I know is stage 3 is the worst. She probably developed the stage 2 from being on the oxygen for so long. This could get worse slowly, quickly, stay the same or go away. There is no way of predicting what is going to happen. The one thing they said is good is that she is off of the ventilator. I spoke with her eye doctor (which is also Alyssa's eye doctor) and he is not concerned at all. She thinks she will be fine. So if he is not worried, I'm not. He is the best doctor we could have for them.
That is all for now. We just need to keep praying Emma home!!! Oh what a glorious day that will be!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are beautiful! We'll continue praying for your family. Take care, Matt and Kelli Lear

Gina Beckwith said...

You are doing great! You are a strong woman. God is doing amazing things in your life, even if they are tough. Come on, little Emma, come home to your family. They need one more little girly to overpower Daddy with pink! LOL!

Jen said...

Hi...you don't know me but I am a member of PMOT. I have been reading you blog and can't help but notice that we have a few things in common. I remember having some of the same feelings with my twins being in the NICU. My twins were not in the hospital for nearly as long. They were born November 25th. I was almost 32 weeks. Aaron (baby b) came home December 20 and Elliott (baby a) came home December 24. Aaron has reflux and has been on Zantac since he was 3 months old. He still pukes ALL the time but it seems like you doctor is more willing to solve the problem than mine is. Anyway..if you want to talk sometime please call or email. We will be praying for you family!!! jenhicks33@gmail.com