Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Another day...

Considering that I had a baby (Loren) last April 07, it's funny how much you forget the all-nighters. I know I'm dealing with a lot more with Olivia though. Just her apnea machine alone can make you go crazy. Mostly all the alarms that her leads have detached are the ones that are the worst. Since she has been off of the formula, her spitting up has come way down. She has also started to stool again. She is growing well. She is 5 lb. 5 oz. The nurse will come again Wednesday and then she will be done for now. We have an appointment on Friday for another weight check. Even though Mike is not getting up to feed her, he has had it rough being up with her fussing and alarms, etc. Poor guy! He really tries to give me a break but it is hard since he has to get to work every day. The good thing is the more she grows and strengthens, the better she will do with her eating and burping and sleeping, etc. Emma and Olivia's due date is this Thursday, August 7th. Crazy to think about!
Emma is doing well at 4 lb. 6 oz. She is still at 4 liters on the nasal cannula. They said they might try to bring her down to 3 liters tomorrow. She is very sweet! Right now, Mike and I are taking turns to go to the NICU. He went last night so I will go tonight. We'll just keep it that way until my mom comes and stays with us. The earliest that would be is next Monday. We'll see how things go. I'm really wanting Emma home. I know I'm losing my mind and I know it will be extra work and I will be more exhausted than I already am but I really miss her. I hope it is soon. I just have this hole in my heart from her not being with us.
Alyssa is so helpful with Olivia. She loves to wrap her in the blanket. She likes to hold her and does a good job with it. They snuggle together on the couch.
I think that is all for now. I have ironing and laundry to do.
Love,
Bethany

1 comment:

cousin marlene said...

This is your cousin Marlene in Oregon along with your great-Aunt Fern. We are enjoying having your Aunt Marcia here in Oregon for a visit.

We are praying for you and we love seeing your pictures and reading the news. Tell your Mom Hi for us.