Monday, August 25, 2008

Possible infection...

I went in to see Emma tonight. She is so beautiful!! She was wide awake just looking around. The nurse said they had done a test to see what her calcium level was and they got a bad blood gas. So they ordered a x-ray and several more tests. Her lungs didn't look any worse than her last x-ray. Two of her tests have come back and they are off but not too bad. They are still waiting for the results of her CRP and some others that will take longer. They went ahead and tube fed her. They are basically looking to see if there is an infection. She also gained a lot of weight in the last 2 days. She gained 4 1/4 ounces in two days. They are keeping an eye on that. Gaining too much weight is not good. We'll see what tomorrow holds and what those test results are. They are also doing a 24 hour urine to see exactly how much calcium is in her kidneys/body. I'm still not really knowing what is going on with that. I don't know that I will know anything until they can figure it out. She also puked while they were tube feeding her....I have never seen that happen before with her. The nurse said she just probably got her feeds too fast. I'm not really buying that. I suppose it could go along with an infection if she had one. We'll see.
I'm going to go now. God is going to have to carry me through this one. I know He will. He says so. I pray Olivia sleeps well for me tonight. : )

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hello! I hope today you are having a better day, feeling stronger, and was able to get some answers regarding Emma's tests. Hopefully Olivia's appt. went well regarding her eyes and I can only imagine how much Alyssa will love her tumbling class! That will be so good for her! Please know you are on my mind constantly and always in my prayers! Also, I loved the recent pictures of the girls too! That Loren is so darn cute and looks to be a handfull! =) Take care girl! Love ya!

Megan said...

Hey. This is Megan Gifford...now Cregger. I saw you on Angel's page. I have been reading about your girls. I am praying for them, you and your husband. I just wanted to let you know that. Hang in there!
NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR GOD!
OUR GOD IS A GREAT BIG GOD!
He has you and your entire family all in his hands.
Love you!

James Alex Stevens said...

It's the Stevens again from Colorado. I keep checking your blog to see how things are going. I have no great advice for you and would not try to give any if I did. Just wanted to tell you that we are thinking of you and going through some similar things and share similar feelings. We had a NICU Graduation Party last weekend and I was a little discouraged to see so many babies doing well and to notice that my little boy (who is almost a year) is still sick, on oxygen, with no end in sight. Our feelings and strength ebs and flows. We are praying for some rest for you and your family.

Stephanie