Monday, September 22, 2008

Together at last!!













4 months to the day!!! Yes, the girls are 4 months old and are home and together!!! Yea!! Wow! Finally! What a trip we have been on!! To feel like this day was just a dream...like it would never happen. All the twists and turns and never knowing where the trip would take us next. And to finally arrive right here with all 6 of us together at last. What a great day!!!
Today was long and we arrived home about 7:00 p.m. tonight. We left the hospital with our oxygen tank in the red saying refill. We knew we would be meeting the home oxygen guy at our house within 20 minutes so that was great. He said we still had a good amount left when we got home. But it was a little nerve racking for a short while. We spent most of the day doing ultrasounds - brain and kidneys, making dr. appointments, and going over discharge stuff. Emma had done so well with her eating that she was only allowed 20 cc. this morning because she had met her limit. Yep, she is a porker. So we are at home now and all I can say is that we have a lot of cords. Olivia and Emma are on the apnea monitor. Emma has a pulsox monitor. We have Emma's oxygen with the nasal cannula. I feel like I'm forgetting something. It is just a lot of cords!!! Mike knows he is going to up tonight bearing a lot of this with me. He is taking tomorrow off. He hasn't taken any time off with the twins birth so now is a great time! : )
I'm going to get back to them but I thought you would all like pictures. Thanks for all the prayers and support. We know that we will still have to be extremely careful so that they are not put back in the hospital. So just keep praying for that. Also, keep praying for Emma's kidneys, brain and eyes. They still can't figure out why she has high calcium.
Much love to you all!!!!
Thanks again!!
Bethany

7 comments:

Megan said...

You two look soooo happy to have ALL Your family home. How exciting and amazing. God is so good!
I will keep you all in my prayers. You can do this! You are a great mom and you also have God on your side. Love yah and be blessed!

Michelle Kiprop said...

I remember when we first started praying for these sweeties months ago. Seeing the pictures of them both home brought tears to my eyes!

Angela said...

Yeah! Welcome home Miss Emma!!! I am so excited for you all! To finally have your family all home together...how sweet it must be!!! The pictures are wonderful and you all look so happy!! It's been a long time coming! Enjoy every minute of it...even when things are stressful...remember you are all together now and that is what matters!! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers daily. Tight hugs to you all and much love!! =)

Gina Beckwith said...

Our God is an AWESOME God!!! I'm sitting here with tears of joy pouring onto my lap. I'm so so so happy for you! ANYTHING I can do, just ask! I love ya, sista!

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany,

You don't know me, but I go to church with the Haynes in NC. They asked us to pray for you guys months before Olivia and Emma were born. I just kept on praying for life in Jesus' name, and I feel so blessed to have witnessed this miracle! Thanks for the blog updates & pictures, and I will continue to pray for health and strength for the girls, and for your family as you care for them!

In Christ,

Kim

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Unknown said...

Bethany and Mike,

It is beautiful to see you home with your girls. They will thrive with all the love you have to give to them. Best wishes from the NICU.

Megan

Kelly said...

All I can say is Yeah!!
He is awesome!
Kelly