Tuesday, September 2, 2008

By the end of this week....

So the doctor said Emma should be home by the end of this week. You heard it right! She has been eating well and has come a long way!!! The doctor said if you asked her last week when she would be coming home she would never in a million years say this week. The discharge nurse called me today to set up training. I will be trained on home oxygen, pulsox monitor and breathing treatments. I already have the CPR and the Apnea monitor training. I watched the rest of my videos. I think I'll bring in the car seat tomorrow and have her tested for that. So the ball is rolling. She needs to be taking all her feeds for a couple of days so we'll see. I definitely have to have all the training before she comes home so maybe by Friday. We'll see. I think I'll believe it when she is in our van and we are driving home. Thank the Lord!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

OH MY WORD BETHANY!!! HOW STINKIN' EXCITING!!! I will continue to pray pray pray!!!!
Love yah!

Gina Beckwith said...

That is just amazing. She is such a little miracle!!!

Chris Genders said...

Amazing! Thanks for keeping the blog going to so that we can all be praying and encouraging you guys. Let us know if there is anything Karen & I can do for you. Looking forward to seeing Emma outside of the hospital!!!

kkwa said...

So exciting, you guys! PTL! We will keep praying that it will be Friday!
Love,
Bri, Kristin, Isaiah, and Hope

Diann said...

We support your desire to bring Emma home...and soon!
When our preemie Eli was in the hospital, not as complicated as yours, that was also our desire.
Once we brought him home it was amazing to see how he thrived and gained weight.
There is something about the constant love and presence from once's family that helps those little ones grow and thrive!

Your family continues to be in our prayers!

Jeff and Diann Sedam (Linda's friends from Logansport)

Kelly said...

Yeah Bethany, I am so excited for your family. You can finally have everyone together. Can't wait to see pics of everyone at home!
Kelly