Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cookie Swallow







I was frustrated about not doing the cookie swallow because it is the ONLY thing holding us up right now. We have given Emma more time to see if she can handle her feedings and we aren't able to try it. I went in today and spoke with the doctors and we were able to get her in for another cookie swallow. She passed it. This means her milk did not go into her lungs. So tomorrow she will increase her bottles to 3. If she does well, we increase. At least the ball is rolling again. Go Emma! She weighs 6 lb. 14 oz. right now. They are trying to get a lot of weight on her and she definitely looks it. They try to do that with their chronic lung babies.
Olivia is doing really well.
Hopefully we'll all be together soon.
Enjoy the pictures! Emma is the one that still has tubing (oxygen) on her face.
Love,
Bethany
By the way, I'm not leaving Alyssa out of the pictures...she just won't let me take any! Someday I will be to blame for this though. Believe me, I try.
Sorry for the gross/Loren/food one.

3 comments:

Megan said...

oh your girls are so beautiful!
You keep pushing on!!!

Kelly said...

Loren is so stinking cute! Okay, they all are, but I can't believe how big Loren is! Good news on the test too, keep up the good work Emma!
Kelly

James Alex Stevens said...

We are still thinking about you in Colorado. Just an FYI - Alex had a Nissen this past May/June and we'd be happy to talk to you about it if you have to go down that route.

Stephanie