Monday, June 30, 2008

A day off....


So today I took a day off. It was my day with just Alyssa and I just gave her my time. It was great! We went swimming this afternoon for a little bit and it was refreshing. By the time you drive to the NICU, take the long walk to the NICU, scrub up, see the girls, find out all the details from the nurses and come home again, you're exhausted. I think more mentally than anything. So it was nice. Of course, I called in at least 3 times to see how they were but it was a nice break and I, thankfully, did not feel guilty. That was nice.
Then I drove to meet my sister that lives in St. Louis to get Loren back. It was so good to see her squishy face. She looked at me like I looked familiar but she couldn't place it. (It has been a week). But she came around pretty quickly.

Emma and Olivia are both doing pretty good today. Olivia's infection (NEC) is pretty much gone. They are giving it one more day before they start feeds. I'm excited to get that started again. She weighs 3 lb. 10 oz. She lost some from not eating. Hopefully we'll pick up right where we left off. If nothing else gets in the way and things go smoothly, I think we are looking at another 2-3 weeks before she comes home. Again, I'm trying to get things in order. That helps keep my mind from stressing over them so much.
Emma's oxygen is down to 64-78%. Her pressure has gone from 38 to 33 today. They will try her down to 32 at 3:00 a.m. They are weaning her slowly. Just keep praying that she holds strong and tolerates this weaning. She weighs 2 lb. 14 oz. That was a pretty big jump so they are not sure if that is accurate because they just put her in a new isolator. I'll take that weight.
We'll wait and see what the morning holds for our girls.
Sweet dreams little ones!
Love you,
Mommy

3 comments:

Charley Grace said...

I am so glad you have a website, we are praying hard for these babies and your family. My oldest daughter has that same outfit that Alyssa has on. That was cool! I hope your battery is somewhat recharged and I will continue to pray for his peace and encouragement for you. On the journey with you... Trudy (PMOT)

Angel said...

Glad you got to take a day off and spend it with Alyssa, I know she enjoyed it as much as you did!

I loved the quote you gave at the beginning....I think I'll past it to my blog!

Sara Callahan said...

I wanted to let you know we continue to pray for the precious babies and your entire family. Thanks for keeping us all updated - the blog is an excellent idea.
Keep the Faith, Doug and Sara Callahan