Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thank God!!!

Today was a long but good day at the hospital. We had a follow-up appointment with the NICU. It was good to see these familiar faces and to be able to ask questions to doctors that know Emma. What a relief!!
Last night I was concerned that Emma had a cold. She was having some trouble breathing. But when I bulb suringed out her nose I just got a lot of blood. Her nose has been bleeding from the nasal cannula. Her oxygen place was supposed to send us a water bottle last week to help humidify the air going into her. But it is Tuesday and still no water. Well I guess her nose has gotten a lot worse. She sneezed out a small "blood clot". I don't know else to call it. There is no mucus, just hard blood. Very frustrating!!! I have been putting in nasal saline gel and it helps a little but not much. As frustrating as it is, I was still glad to know that she wasn't sick. Her lungs sounded very good. Yea!!! She also weighed a whopping 7 lb. 10 oz. Go Emma!!! They were very pleased with her. The only thing they wanted me to do was to contact my insurance and pushing the RSV shot as soon as possible. So that will be my main priority tomorrow. They said they already have 20% in the hospital right now and if she were to get it, she would have to be admitted. Her little lungs just couldn't handle it right now.
Then we had an appointment with endocrinology. Bottom line...they are fine with her levels. He said they are not high enough to worry about them. He'll see us in 3 months but he is really not concerned. If he isn't, then I'm not. I have too much other stuff to fill my plate.
I gotta go...Olivia is needing me.
Thanks for the prayers!!!

3 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

God is GOOD! Please let me know if you need anything with the older girls. We could do an all-day playdate any time! There's room for 3 more carseats in my car if needed! :)

Megan said...

Praise Jesus!
I'm so happy to hear the good news.
I will continue to pray.

Kelly said...

Yes, He is good, but way to go Emma & Mama, too!