Monday, October 13, 2008

Emma

We had a head sono last week and today was the consultation with the dr. He said that she does have some fluid buildup in her head but it is such a small amount that she shouldn't need a shunt. This would drain the fluid. This is good news. We'll be getting another head sono in 2 months to check it again. Developmentally, we'll just wait and see how things are. Her eye appointment showed improvement but they'll recheck it in two weeks. We have a kidney appointment tomorrow. I'm anxious to talk with the doctor about this. We have a urology appointment coming up too. Tomorrow we'll also meet with the NICU team for a follow-up appointment. I'm anxious to ask them questions. Mostly about their expectations for her. She is gaining weight but it is slow. That is my biggest question. How much should she be gaining with having her chronic lung disease and working to breathe? I'm also nervous knowing that they are probably sizing up whether I'm doing a good job of taking care of her. Oh the pressure...
I'm taking things one minute at a time. I'm probably a little short on the sleep and patience side. If this year doesn't age me, I don't know what will.
We'll just keep on keepin on.

2 comments:

Megan said...

praying for all of you.
You are doing a great job.

Lisa said...

I have been following from afar through a link on Angel's blog. I hope you have not minded me taking the occastional peeks.
Today I just realized that I needed to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I think you are nothing short of amazing!
Please take much care,
Lisa