Sunday, October 5, 2008

I just LOVE my girls!!!!

I just REALLY love my girls!! I love their different personalities and quirks. I love who they are and getting to know them. They are each so special to me in different ways. Alyssa finds joy in so much. She is very inventive. Today she made a kite out of paper and a paper plate. My heart broke when she went outside to fly it and it wouldn't. But she still took it down to the park tonight with Mike hoping it would work down there. She likes to make tents and she will work on it for hours, perfecting it to the inth detail. Of course, she gets very upset if Loren even moves it an inch. Then she tells Loren that she is not going to be her sister anymore. She says "I'm just going to be mad right now". Today she said that she wasn't going to let Loren stay in her room ever again. (Funny since they share a room). She said Loren will have to sleep with us from now on in our room. Despite the little disputes, they love each other and tickle each other and play hours on end. I didn't think they would play so much since they are 3 1/2 years apart. But they do and I love it. I've been trying to explain to Alyssa what twins are and how her sisters are twins. She said, Yes, and Claire (her cousin) and her are twins because they have the same jacket. Again...cute!
Loren is at that stage where she is happy 99% of the time and always glad to see you. I love that!!! She wants to talk so badly and she understands so much but just isn't quite there yet. And I'm o.k. with that. : ) She is my climber and tornado. Yes, we started using the straps on the high chair. The other day I found her with windex. Yes, she squirted it in her mouth but thankfully it ran down her mouth and she didn't swallow it. At least, enough to hurt her. It covered her shirt though. Then she found a battery and started to suck on it. I got it in time. Wheww!!! She likes electric outlets. Lovely!! I would say she is her cousin Andrew's match. She is really going to do me in. She gives kisses and they are great! She makes the mooa sound.
Emma is incredibly sweet and loves to be cuddled. I love her little bald head. She is my first baby without hair and my first baby that has some rolls on her thighs. Love it! I love that she is a fighter and she lets you know when she is not happy. I'm so glad she is in our lives and has won the battle time and time again. Everything we have been through was so worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. She has beaten the odds and will continue to do so.
Olivia is a sweetheart too. She is my youngest although she doesn't look it. She is more calm and mellow although today I caught her with Emma's oxygen tube in her hand pulling on it. I was like let's not start this already. She has really taken off and is becoming more and more strong every day. She likes to cuddle too and I'm thankful for that.
It is so great having everyone together. We are slowly but surely adjusting. I know it will get easier with time, at least medically. I'm just glad they are all alive and full of spirit. I treasure each moment with them and I hope they will always know how much we love them and how much gray hair they gave us. Hee hee!

Emma has a head sono and a weight check on Tuesday. Please pray that she puts on weight. She is doing well eating but I want the scale to reflect that. I'm going to ask if they could just go ahead and do her kidney and hip sono while I'm there doing the head sono. That would definitely save me some time and energy. Emma, Olivia and Loren have shots on Tuesday. That should be fun. I'm allowed to go early to try to avoid the big crowd for germs sake. We also have an appointment on Wednesday for her eyes. Please pray that they are better, even completely matured would be nice. I'm feeling stronger. I still have my ups and downs but I know we can make it through all this. We have come so far I have to hope that it will get easier.

One last comment...I went to the Miracle Walk for Small Wonders at the Riverplex. It was great to see the nurses and doctors. I didn't take the twins for germs sake but I did take Alyssa and Loren. There were a bunch of people there that brought their kids that had been in the NICU and were doing well. It is great for the nurses and doctors to see these kids grow and succeed. I met this mother of triplet girls (Loren's age). We got to talking and she pointed to Loren and said is that yours? I said yes. And she said you have twins? I said yes, they are 4 1/2 months old. She was like How do you do it? I said you are the mother of TRIPLETS, that is amazing. She said no all mine are the same age and going through the same stuff. She didn't know how I did it with Loren and the twins. So I guess I know my situation is a little crazy when a mother of triplets asks me how I do it. Seriously!! CRAZY!!!
Well, I'm staying up late tonight to get some stuff done around the house. I know that is crazy but it's the only time I'm not feeding these people and changing diapers, etc. So I'm picking up when no one is following me around undoing everything that I do.
Thank you all for walking with me through the hard times. I know it's tough and most people say they don't know what to say. And that is o.k. Sometimes that is the best thing to say to people in these situations. It's like Hey, I care enough to say that I don't know what to say but I'm here for you anyway. Most of the time I don't know what to say either. Imagine that! Hee hee!
Well, I'm seriously getting off this computer now. It's 12:45 a.m.
Love to you all!
Bethany

3 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

I am so proud of you. I SO wish I had gone to the walk, but we had 2 committments already. :( I check your blog everyday to see how my favorite family of girlies is doing!

Megan said...

Loved this blog!

Kelly said...

So good to hear about all of your girls' personalities. Loren is sure keeping you on your toes!