Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Admitting into the PICU...

We are going to be admitting Emma into the PICU tomorrow. Yes, it rips my heart out. I feel like a failure. She did not gain any weight the first week. The second week she only gained 2 1/2 lbs. She eats but turns around and yerps it up. I don't know if her reflux is worse. I don't know if it is because of her calcium levels being high. I don't know if it is her kidneys. I don't know if she has developed a thickening in the muscle below the stomach that is not allowing food to pass through. So they feel it is best to admit her and run some tests. I'm beyond discouraged. This is the last thing we want to do but we also want her to be well. So just please keep us in your prayers.
The good news is that she had a brain scan today and her hemmorages are resolved. I also asked if they would go ahead and do her hip scan (it was supposed to be next week) and they did and her hips are fine. She got her vaccines today also.
I'm going to go now. It's probably going to be a hard night. We will be on the 1st floor of the hospital in the PICU. I'll keep updating as we go along.

2 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

You are NOT a failure!!!!! You have to be in my top 5 BEST MOMS list! I'm so so proud of you! Praying for the whole Miklik clan!

Kelly said...

Bethany, Definitely not a failure. Look how many things are good news, her hips are good, the hemorrhages are good, and she gained weight. They need to figure out what's stopping her from gaining weight, this has nothing to do with your mothering, you are WONDERFUL! We'll be praying for you here too, don't let this get you too down!
Kelly