Thursday, October 30, 2008

Check up

Well... we had a really good visit at the pediatrician. Loren is in about the 50th precentile in weight, height and head circumference. Her visit was very easy.
At Emma's last weight check there, she weighed 7 lb. 5 oz. Today she weighed 7 lb. 8 1/2 oz. Definitely could be gaining more weight. We talked about her reflux and how she was eating great but not keeping everything down. So we are stopping the zantac and switching her to previcid. I'm very hopeful that this will help. She will also be on preemie formula for a year. That has higher calories and has some extra stuff that she needs. I hate that it is so expensive but it will be worth it for her health. It was great just to get started in trying to fix this reflux so she can gain more. She is doing well otherwise. I hope this next week she picks up some more. Her next visit is next Thursday along with her eye appointment that morning.
I'm calling it a night. I'm tired. Good night!