Friday, October 3, 2008

Attempt at pictures...














It looks like Emma is gaining a little weight. Let's all keep our fingers crossed. It is just going to be tricky with her home. Getting labs drawn and keeping on top of her high calcium levels. A lot of her levels were high...carbon dioxide, calcium, potassium, BUM, creatinum, etc. So they are trying to get her into the endocrynologist as soon as possible. I'm charting all her eating times and how much she takes. I'm also charting any alarms and any puking. She didn't puke at all today. According to the home nurse, she gained 2 oz. in 2 days so it looks like we might be on the up. I spoke with the nurse practioner in the NICU and she said it will take time for her to adjust too. I think she is doing better. I think the ear drops are helping her too to sleep and eat.
O.K. these pictures are my sad and lame attempt to get a picture of all my girls. As you can see, I need HELP!!! : ) This is why we leave it to the professionals. I just don't know if I want to expose them to the public to get these done. Bummer!
I hope you enjoy them.
So here are a couple funnies....
I found out that Loren thinks you can put toys in the toilet. I found a toy lemon and loaf of bread from Alyssa's kitchen set in the toilet. Lovely!!
Alyssa and Mom were playing restaurant the other day and Alyssa asked if mom wanted spaghetti. She said yes. Then she asked if she wanted a margaritta. Mom said "where did you hear that?" She said "From North Avenue Irregulars". This is an old movie that is almost as clean as little house on the prairie. It is one of my mom's favorite movies. Pretty funny that she learned that from mom!!!
I was talking to mom about a guy I saw on t.v. (I can't remember who it was) but Alyssa pipes up and says "You mean Rock Obama?" How cute is that? It just goes to show how much they pick up. She is so smart. She remembers a lot of big names that I'm amazed by. She has been asking if we can go to MI to go to the Pere Marquette. It's a little park we go to down by the boardwalk. She just remembers things that she might have only heard once.
Loren is cutting her 4 canines. Two are through and the other two are trying. So my nights consist of waking up, feeding one twin, then the other, then getting Loren and trying to console her. I would give anything for some sleep!!!! Things are going better at night though.
Well, I'm exhausted (imagine that) so I'm off to bed. If I can bathe my children and myself and manage to feed everyone - including myself - I've had a very successful day!!! : )

2 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

Given the situation, I know SEVERAL photographers who will come to YOU! :) Let me know if you'd like a list of names!

Megan said...

The pictures are great. I think those kind of pictures are a lot more fun than perfessional ones. They get the kids in action and see what life is really like at home. All your girls look so pretty. All the girl's hair is done nicely and all of them are dressed so cute. You are doing an amazing job. YOU ARE SUPER MOM...you may not feel that way, but you are!

praying hard for the baby girls!