Monday, April 28, 2008

We had an ultrasound this morning, and everything looks pretty good...

We had an ultrasound this morning, and everything looks pretty good. We do not know their weights. They only like to do those every 2 weeks. So next Monday we will know how much they weigh. I'm anxious to see how they are growing. Our ultrasound took 2 1/2 hours because these girls think it is play time. The Dr. thinks their hearts are improving because they are so active. Their fluids from what I can tell looks good. Again, we are not in Cincinnati so we are not getting details like we were before. A lot of it seems like speculation which is a little frustrating for me but it's what we have here. So I have to assume that they would catch things if they were getting worse.

Some of the things they are watching right now is their growth and my blood pressure. Today it was something over 90. They took it again after I laid down and it went down to 84. So they are still content with things and they will see me next week. I'll be 26 weeks on Thursday. Right now, their goal is to get me to 28 weeks. Once I'm there, their goal is 30. From there, 32 weeks. He said at that point we will probably deliver between 32 and 34. So I continue my lovely bed rest that I'm so tired of. I've been on it for 3 1/2 weeks now and I'm close to going crazy.

He said what is going to factor when I have these girls is one of/or the combination of their growth and my blood pressure. They still don't know the growth restriction on Emma. So we just wait and watch. Once she stops growing, we take the girls. From here on out, we will have an ultrasound every week.

Thanks and stay tuned for next week's episode of "not so much information",

No comments: