Monday, January 19, 2009

Just another day..

Let's see....not a whole lot happening here. Actually I'm trying to remember what I've written lately. We had Alyssa's eye appointment last Thursday. Not so good. Her eye has not improved. It hasn't gotten any worse but not any better either. The problem is that her glasses have a hard time staying up on her nose which makes wearing the patch pointless. She must look through the lense while wearing the patch to make any improvements. So we had them readjusted there. She has been doing much better with looking through the lense. We started a new sticker/patch chart. And we do 2 treats at the beginning and 1 treat at the end. She just has to make sure she brushes her teeth really well. Her Grandma M. also helps with some rewards (Alyssa calls them "patch prizes"). So we will do our best to make this a better outcome. If in 3 months she has not improved, we will start contacts only while under my supervision. It would be his youngest patient with contacts. Obviously, we are not wanting that to happen but we also don't want to lose this eye. So we'll see.
Loren is still pretty much naked all the time. Most of the day I'm just trying to get her diaper back on. It's lovely. I tried big girl Dora panties the other day and she peed on the carpet within the first couple minutes. Yep, we're done trying that. So we'll just see where this takes us.
Olivia is more dramatic than ever. She cries most of the time like you crushed her feelings. She has such cute smiles and loves to be held. She is rolling over like a mad woman. She has 2 cute bottom teeth. She has had about 5 haircuts so far. She keeps taking out Emma's pacifier and putting it in her mouth. Which is funny because Olivia won't take a pacifier.
Emma is getting stronger by the minute. She eats very well. She is very strong and growing more and more each day. Her last weight check was 8 lb. 14 oz. I'm still waiting to hear the results from her lab work. Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow. She has been completely off oxygen for a week. No help at all. Being inside has really helped her. It is great not having the oxygen. She is still on 2 machines and will be for probably a month. This way we can watch her saturation level. That tells us if she needs more oxygen. They other is her apnea monitor which she really doesn't need but I don't know if I can get out of having it on her. I wish. The more machines, the more of a pain it is. We have a kidney sono next week and a urology appointment. In February we have another NICU appointment. Hopefully at that time we will be able to come off all machines and be done with the oxygen for good.
My days are a little better. I just have to be easy on myself and not set my expectations too high. I have to keep telling myself that this is a time and it will get better as the girls become more independant. Right now, every one is just very needy. I'll just keep praying my way through.
I need to get cleaning and then sleeping.
Love to you all!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are doing a great job. We are praying for you all!