Thursday, January 8, 2009

I don't know how people do this....

How do you juggle all the balls in the air and not let any drop? How do you find time to read let alone pee? How do you console 4 children at the same time? I don't know how people do it. Loren just walks around with her arms up all the time wanting me to hold her. The other day I noticed that anytime I said "Let's go change your diaper", she would wiggle right out of my arms and run away. So I've said that a few times just so I could get a break. Tonight I was holding the twins - feeding them at the same time. Loren starts to take off her diaper so I told Alyssa just to take it the rest of the way off and put on a pull-up. Well, the diaper came off and Alyssa said "Mom, she pooped". Before I knew it Alyssa was holding up the small poop in her hand. I told her to put it in the diaper, throw it away and immediately go wash her hands. So she goes in one bathroom and we are trusting Loren to get her naked self in to the other bathroom to go in her potty. That is a whole other thing. Loren will pee every time you put her on the potty. The thing is she is not really talking (actual words that you can understand) that well. The last thing I have time to do is potty train her. But it would sure be nice to have one less diaper to change. I'm the one going "Hold on, I'm not ready for this". I know...other moms would welcome it.
I hope the twins are going through a phase. Olivia already cut her teeth so I don't know what her problem is. Emma is probably cutting hers. They both want to be held all the time and not just held. Oh no, you can't hold them sitting down. You must hold them standing up. Olivia is very dramatic. She cries like you just broke her heart or she lost her best friend. Emma has always been very laid back and has lately spoken her mind. Again...I don't understand. I just pray that this time passes and I survive it. If you ever come over to my house, just prepare for the worst cuz I can't get a darn thing done. Mike said last night that I need a break. Sadly, my break request is that he watches the kids so that I can clean. What has this life come to? Probably testing my patience....seeing if I'm cut out for it. I don't remember trying out. Hee hee!
Anyway, I'm off my soap box.
We enjoyed seeing everyone over Christmas. It was a good time and a much needed getaway. Emma is doing well. She is either off of oxygen or on 1/32. Just depending if she is congested at all or if I'm paranoid that she is burning calories. Next week is Emma's endocrinologist appointment. Next week is also Alyssa's eye appointment. In the following weeks, Emma will have a kidney sono and a urologist appointment. So we'll see how all this goes. I'm praying that her calcium level has gone down and her calcium buildup in her kidneys is gone. Wouldn't that be great?
Well, I need to get to bed. I hope I eventually catch up with life so I can write more and have more me time. I love my children like no other but I can't lose myself in the midst of motherhood.

2 comments:

Gina Beckwith said...

I want to come over and help. EMAIL ME!!!! Please reach out, girlie! Do you have a sling? I know some people who sling twins. It helps when you have to stand and have your hand or hands free.

Megan said...

I am praying for you! If I was closer I would so come over and help you. God has all of you in His hands!