Friday, March 27, 2009

A little better...





Here are some pictures of the girls. The picture of Olivia smiling is once she could hold down fluids. Now she is back to not so happy.

Basically the girls got sick and it dehydrated them. I knew Emma was losing weight and I just didn't think I could risk her going a few more days and her vomiting was getting much worse. So I took them both into the ER. They did blood work and Emma's results were not good. Her sodium was so high she was in seizure range. This was also causing her to vomit. They had to admit her. Olivia's results were not so bad but they needed to admit her because she had not peed in over 9 hours. They kept waiting for her to go but she didn't until they admitted her. They tried to give Olivia an i.v. twice but her veins kept blowing because she was dehydrated. So it's good that they are both there. They are sharing a room. They have started milk which is really good. I couldn't get either of them to hold that down at home. Emma threw up part of her last bottle. She still needs to rest and become more hydrated. They will do more blood work on her in the morning.

I think that is all for now. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Megan said...

The girls are so beautiful. I will continue praying for them.