Monday, November 24, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel....

So I definitely think we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Emma is gaining weight and eating like a champ. It is so great to see the result of the nutrition. She is really filling out. Her hair is growing. Her nails are growing. She is smiling and feeling much better. Her level of dehydration in one week went from 46 to 30. She is down in oxygen. If she does well this week, we will be ready to wean her off of oxygen starting Friday. We'll have to see how she is doing at that point. We have her weight check on Wednesday. I'm definitely anxious to see that reading. The girls will have their second synagis shot on Friday. These shots are $4,000 a month - all to prevent them from getting a cold. They will have 3 more shots after this - 5 total for the season. Technically, the season will last about 2 more months but insurance will not help out with that.
I'm taking the girls to the hospital today to get their monitors downloaded at the sleep lab. Hopefully, we will get Olivia off of hers. That would just be wonderful!!!!!! To be able to carry around a child without a machine. Definitely nice!! For Christmas, I would love to have both my daughters off machines and oxygen. Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas present? It could happen.
I'm loving watching our kids grow and learn. Fun and challenging all in one.
I'm going to get going because I have a house to clean, children to feed and diapers to change. Can you believe I have 3 in diapers? It hit me yesterday that I gave birth to 3 children in 13 months. My friend had a 10 lb. baby boy in September. Amazing!!! My biggest was 7lb. 6.8 oz. My others were 4 lb. 11 oz., 2lb. 9.4 oz., and 1 lb. 6 oz. Go Girl!!!

Love you all tons!!
Bethany

1 comment:

Megan said...

Still praying and so excited to hear all the good news!