Wednesday, November 19, 2008

8 pounds!!!!

So Miss Emma....in one week.....has gained 8 oz. This is wonderful!!! We are down to one lasix a day and improving by the millions. I'm now seeing things that I now know were signs of dehydration and/or lack of nutrition. For example, her nails are now starting to grow. Before they were splitting down the middle and falling off. Her dry cough (it sounds like a dry heave which leads her into puking) is gone. She no longer pukes and I've even stopped her zantac. She is night and day different. Thank the Lord again for showing us and leading us to another answer. Friday we will be done with the Lasix. We then go a week and make sure there are not any changes. Then we start her off oxygen as long as things are still good. They emphasize only making one change a week. So we'll see. Next week we will have a weight check along with the girls 6 month checkup. Which means shots are coming up too. I need to look at the calendar for that. We did a bunch of lab work today and probably won't get the lab results until tomorrow. We are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This will be a great Thanksgiving!!!!
Thanks for all the prayers!!! They have definitely been needed and heard!!!
Love to you all!
Bethany

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my Goodness! Praise God!
I am so excited! If I am this excited, I cannot imagine how excited you are! ;}
I will continue to pray for all your children, but WAY TO GO EMMA!

p.s. Thanks for the picture comment!

Gina Beckwith said...

Yes Lord!!! There is definitely much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!!!