Monday, February 8, 2010

quick post...

Quick post because I'm exhausted...

Emma is holding about the same today. We had a rough day of a girl not feeling so hot. She is hungry...I can't even drink a water in front of her without her throwing a fit. I can't even put her down so I can eat because I can't eat in front of her...it is too much torture. Anyway...they put in a NG tube (to feed her) at 11:00 a.m. They took an x-ray. It wasn't positioned where they wanted so they came back and redid it. Then we had to wait on another x-ray. So we were able to start the continuous feed at 6:00 p.m. The bad thing is they are bypassing her gut and going straight to her intestines because of the type of respiratory support she is on so bottom line - she is still hungry. The good thing is she is on pediasure which is 30 calories vs. my 22 calorie Enfacare. So that is a good thing. I would LOVE it if they could put some weight on her. However, she'll probably just be making up the weight she has lost since she has been here with the 4 days of not eating. Oh well, at least we are turned around in this area.

They stopped her respiratory therapy. They felt like it was irritating her. I personally think it is helping her but I do it during the day so I don't feel that she needs any more. She loves it when I do it and I think it is breaking up a lot of the crap in her lungs.

Emma is still on 8 liters of oxygen so we'll see what the night brings us. It is just going to take time for her lungs to shake this. She is not as labored and that is good. Her respiratory rates were very high yesterday and before ...like above 80 breaths a minute. They should be 20-40. Today they were pretty well under 60 so that is better.

I need sleep so I'm going to sign off now. Thanks for everything!!! I'm sorry I'm not returning every call and text but I do appreciate them all. Love you!!!!
Bethany

No comments: