Friday, February 12, 2010

Much better...


Emma is off of oxygen. What a week this has been!!! It has been extremely difficult and trying and I'm glad it is almost over. She will probably be coming home tomorrow. Yesterday, things were not looking good. We discussed giving her one more day and restarting lasix and then if no change we would start steroids. But with a few changes that morning - a new cannula and Emma's 4th feeding tube coming out, she improved tremendously. She fell asleep in my arms and for two hours I stood holding her watching her sats and timing how long she was satting 99/100. The nurse was great and kept weaning her down. My arm hurt so much but there was no way I was going to move and chance waking her up. In two hours, Emma went from 8 liters of oxygen down to 2 liters. Overnight she was weaned down to 1/4 liter. This morning we weaned her the rest of the way off. The doctor said her lungs were very clear with no crackling sounds. We are so thankful she has pulled through. Thanks for all the support! I'm very tired and need some time to recoup but I don't know if that is going to happen. : ) Hopefully she'll be home tomorrow. Thanks again for all the prayers!

1 comment:

Jarrad, Misty, Jenna, Josie Odle said...

Such great news Bethany! I'm so happy to have your blog to keep up with you guys! You're always in my thoughts and prayers! Have a wonderful Valentines Day!