Sunday, December 14, 2008

Successful day...


So (first of all) I really like to start off my sentences with "so"... Don't ask me why. I just do. I think it is because I never get to finish a sentence anymore. What is it with kids?? And the WORST is when you are on the phone. That just screams to bug mommy as much as you can and talk more than that and pull on her and everyone together and let's all cry at once. Solicitors don't call much anymore. And my socialization is so low that I actually want to talk to them. So as I was starting to say...a successful day to me has changed. I used to get up, shower, makeup - the whole nine yards. Pick up toys, iron, laundry, dishes, read books, color, and possibly fit in a nap or get the extras on my to do list done. Now I'm successful if I get a shower before noon, feed, change and dress children, have enough clean bottles to feed the babies, and keep everyone from killing themselves. With Loren in the house, I might as well get up, walk through the house pulling open every drawer and just pulling things out and catapulting them across the room. I'm successful if I can keep her diaper on and if I don't have to fish any toys out of the toilet. I'm successful if I have caught her before she throws valuables away. She has already tried to throw away one of Alyssa's crocs, my cell phone, the remote control, just to name a few. (I just happened to open the trash can to throw something away and I've found them so who knows what else successfully got thrown away). A successful day is if I can keep Loren from smearing food on the wall behind her highchair. A successful day is if I can keep my two oldest from sitting on, squeezing too tightly, or whacking my two youngest with any object including a broom (Loren!). Loren is one of those "silent buy deadly" kids. But she takes the cutest pictures. Alyssa won't let me take any pictures of her. She can read this when she is older and know that it is the reason she doesn't have as many pictures as the other children. So as you look at this picture up above of Loren, just know that there is more behind the cute smile.
A quick update on medical....
Emma continues to do well. Olivia too. Alyssa and Mike had an ENT appointment. Alyssa has one ear with a tube and one with a hole that has not closed. Her ear with the tube is coming out. It is hurting her some but mostly if she gets water in it. She will go back in 6 months. If her hole is still there, they will do surgery to close that. I'm not sure what the plan is for the tube that is coming out. But overall, a good appointment. I was wrong about the date for immunizations. We will have those this Tuesday in Tremont. I'll be glad to get that out of the way. Emma is scheduled to have a head sono and appointment with the neurologist tomorrow morning. We are supposed to get an ice storm tonight so we will see how that goes. The temperature is supposed to be 17 tomorrow so I don't know if I really want to take the girls out in this weather. I'll update you on the results of this week when I get them.
Until I get another break in life to write, take care.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Bethany! I'm Mary, a member of PMOT. I've been following your story since Marsie sent out emails about your family's struggles in the spring. I know what its like to have kids plugged into machines and having other kids to attend to as well. While I was reading about your doctor appointments I just had to laugh because I've been there. Moms are amazing people, we're capable of so much, go Mama! You've got such a great attitude and great faith. No one can go through the things you've been through without trust in God. Keep doing what you're doing. You're amazing!!!!

Megan said...

Oh Loren sounds like she will be such an exciting teenager!
Praying for all the upcoming appts.

Gina Beckwith said...

I have a cold still, but when I'm better, I want to visit after the holidays! I'll bring over a girly movie and we can catch a line or two of it if we're lucky! LOL!