Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fabulous


Yes, that is how the NICU doctor said Emma looks....Fabulous!!! What a great visit!!! She weighed 8 lb. 5 oz. (4 weeks ago she was 7 lb. 8 oz.), her length this time was 21 3/4 (last time was 19 1/2), and I don't remember the head circumference but it is bigger. He said even though she is not gaining much "weight", her length is great and indicates good long-term nutrition. He also said her head growth is great and indicates good brain growth. So yea!!! They don't want to see us again until February. That is great!! We talked about weaning her off of oxygen. He would like us try her a little lower. He told us what to look for. It was a great visit!!! This is a picture of my 3 laying on the table in the dr. visit. I had the 3 by myself....thought I might lose it but they actually did really well. They all adored Loren.
We had Alyssa's dentist appointment this morning. I held my breath (thinking of the "treats" we have been allowing her for wearing her patch). It was also a way for me to slowly allow her Halloween candy instead of letting her just eat a ton for a week. We had great news though...no cavities!!!! Another great thing! They also commented on how she was such a good girl. Oh...they also said that she is cutting her 6 year molars. He said one has already come through. She just turned 5 but maybe they come early.
Today was crazy though....amongst the chaos of the appointments. Loren got into the almost empty bag of cheerios and dumped everything (even the powder stuff at the bottom) all over the hard wood floor. Lovely!!! Then she pulled this protector thing off of the back of the fridge. Then she got into some soap and was putting that on her face. Then I went to pack the diaper bag and somehow formula had been dumped all over the bag. Then while I was at the dentist, Mike came to help me with the girls. I couldn't take them all in with me so he sat with them in the van. Well, we overdid the van with the movie being on (the van wasn't on) and the lights were on, the heat, etc. The battery died. So we had to jump that. Again fun. And last but not least....I was feeding Emma in the dr. apt. and she flung her arm and knocked the bottle out onto the floor. The disc slipped and milk flew all over the floor. Other than all that, we had a great day!! : )
So tomorrow is 2 more appointments. Mike and Alyssa will go together to the ENT and check out their ears. I'm concerned about Alyssa's because she has been complaining if the smallest amount of water gets in there (just in one ear). We'll see what they say.
My last "to do" this week is to get the girls their immunization shots on Friday. I haven't figured out how I'm going to do that yet but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Well, I must call it a night!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am so happy that all the girls are doing so well.
I am sorry for the rough day you had. That stinks.
The girls look great.
You are such a great mom.
Have you heard from your doctors yet? I am praying that you get through to them.

Kelly said...

whooo, i am TIreD......
I don't know how you do it all, you are a wonDerFuL woman, mom, wife.......
Great news on Emma, He is wonderful and so are you!

Angel said...

Wow, what a day!!! I probably would've started crying!!