Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We had an ultrasound yesterday...

We had an ultrasound yesterday and things went really well. My BP was 119/80 so they were pleased and I bought myself 3 more days. Thursday I will go to my OB where they will check it again. We will stay in this rotation until the twins are born. Monday, Thursday, Monday, Thurs. etc.

The fluid levels were good. The hearts looked good. They are both active - Emma way more than Olivia. It's amazing how their personalities are so evident in them already. Emma is just like Alyssa - never stops and wants you to know she is there. Olivia is just like Loren - more mellow and calm and just goes with the flow. : )

The only new information we found out is this (I will do my best to try to explain this but I'm not completely comprehending it either).

Last week they noticed that the umbilical cord had a reversal flow for Emma. They did not tell us this at the time (we found out yesterday). As far as I understand that meant that the oxygenated blood was not flowing back to Emma. So yesterday they let us know this mostly to tell us that there is an absence of it now and that is really good. There is no reversal flow. To me that means that might have been the reason for her only gaining 4 oz. where her sister had gained 9 oz. So the good news is now that this is gone, we have hope that she might be growing more. We will find out next Monday at 1:15 p.m.

So overall, we had great news yesterday!! I'm still horizontal and am trying to enjoy it. He said he didn't want me on any cold and sinus medicine because it increases your blood pressure. He did say I could take benedryl to help sleep. But I'm trying without for now. I'm catching a little sleep during the day for what I'm missing at night.

Mike and I are doing well - just treasuring each day and knowing everyday is giving them a better chance at life. Loren and Alyssa are spending time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and loving every minute of it. I do miss them and pray they aren't being damaged from getting less of me for the last 5 weeks but I know they love family and are doing well. Alyssa asked me if I can pick her up again after the babies are born and take her to the park. She got scissors out on Sunday to help Grandma open her mother's day gift and she told me that I need to rest and help the babies get bigger and not poke them with the scissors. She can be such a mom - it's cute!! She is such a doll. Loren is cutting her mollars so I know she enjoys the cuddling she is getting from family. I know she will probably be walking during this time away and I'm o.k. with that. I know she could do it now if she would just let go but she is so cautious.

Well, thanks again to all our family and friends for helping us through this time!!!!
We could never begin to describe our appreciation to you all!!!

We love you and will let you know what happens Thursday.

No comments: