Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mike took me to my dr. apt. today...

Mike took me to my dr. apt. today with my OB. My BP was 128/84 - very good!!! The heartbeats were 153 and 142. I'm 28 weeks today and measuring 31 weeks. All good news!

I have lost another pound. My total weight gain for this pregnancy is 16 pounds. She said that is o.k. since I'm on bed rest. That could be still reducing of water weight and loss of muscle mass. I'm on my 6th week of bed rest. I miss my kids more than ever. They are having a blast in Kokomo with grandparents doing piggy back rides and watching sound of music and buying hats from the store. Dad said he checked on Loren and she was sleeping while rubbing the fringes on her blanket. She loves her blankets. Alyssa told me that Grandma Miklik took her to the store and they bought hats for her and her cousins. She was so excited she got a princess hat like Ashlynn. Mom and Alyssa play games all day and Grandma and Grandpa Miklik get the girls at night.

Mike is trying to get going on the basement so that is good. He is ordering drywall today. The framing is almost done. So next is electrical and insulation, then drywall.

I'm trying to take more naps and watching movies and reading when I feel like it. I have my up and down days. It's such a turmoil inside wanting this to be over and yet wanting more time for the girls to grow. It's so hard and yet things could be so much worse. Every day I get through is a mountain I've climbed - another race I've completed.

The Dr. today said I can try natural delivery as long as they are both head down. Otherwise, it's C-section. I would like to try natural but I'm open for the c-section.

She seemed hopeful that I could go to 36 weeks as long as my blood pressure remains down. Until then we just continue with the waiting game.

As hard as it is, we are in a really good spot right now. We're just praying that these girls put on some weight!!!! We'll find out Monday what they weigh.

No comments: