Friday, January 8, 2010

So close..

Well, with all the family's help, Emma has taken several steps - up to 12. Her cousins decided it was their mission to help Emma learn to walk over Christmas and it has really helped. She is taking off. Thank the Lord!! I was starting to feel like I would never see this day. Easter Seals will be here next Thursday to evaluate her again. I'm praying that they are very pleased with her progress.

Thank you to those who have sent Enfamil coupons. It has helped tons. I know the formula has helped her gain some weight. I'm anxious to see how much but I can tell a difference and she is much happier. I'm still waiting for results from her Ctscan. Her neurologist is waiting to talk to her eye doctor. He is wanting to know if her eye dr. is concerned that her enlarged ventricles might be putting pressure on her eyes. This hasn't come up as a concern yet in our appointments so I'm hoping that he is not concerned.

We are set for surgery on the twins' eyes on January 21st. They had to move the date back due to scheduling complications. I'm anxious to get the ball rolling.

Alyssa is healing well. Her final scabs came off today. Her nose looks beautiful. Some of her scarring on her columela is questionable but overall we are very pleased. She is very pleased with her new nose. She likes that it is bigger and it's kindof pointy like ours. : )

Alyssa had an appointment with her eye (contact) doctor. He put in her contact and she cried for about 10 minutes. It didn't hurt she was just a little traumatized by it. It was more of a "This is not fair..other kids don't have to do this"...etc. So we eventually read a book and got her mind off of it. She did really well. We took it back out and she will wear it about 4 hours a day, supervised, with a patch for a week. Then we will go back in next week to see how it is doing and make any changes needed. Once it shows improvement, it will be considered treatment and it will cost us $210 for 4 contacts. I pay $68 for 12 for myself. So her contacts are very special. This contact is soooooooo thick. I have never seen anything like it. So we'll see how the battle goes this week. : )

I'm drained. I think I'm going through the emotions post surgery and yet the stress is continuing. We are still having ear follow-up appointments, eye appointments, 2 more surgeries and I'm just ready for a break in it. I go in next week for a kidney sono and a visit afterwards to see if my cyst has grown back. Inside I would just love to postpone that for another 3 months. But I know it has to be done.

I don't know why my emotions are so raw right now...but they are. I think the stress of taking the 4 kids out in this weather is hard too. Plus Emma does not need to be breathing in this cold air....not the best for her lungs. I guess I just feel the anxiety building up when I have the appointments, taking all four and praying that they are good. It is asking a lot...I know.

Well, Alyssa is almost home from school. I'm so thankful that my girls are alive. They are such bright spots in my life. I feel as though all the medical stuff has aged me beyond my years, but they have kept me young. My eyes feel tired. I'm sure a boost of energy will come soon. I hope..

Thanks for all the prayers. They mean more than you know.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So good to see and hear the updates. Still praying! You can and will get through this! Stay strong!

Kelly said...

Thanks for keeping us updated, we think and pray for you all the time. Jo says hello!
Kelly