Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby food and tantrums....







Emma and Olivia are 8 1/2 months old. Gestational, they are about 5 1/2 months old. I went ahead and started them on baby food. Oh I really don't enjoy this part but it has to be done. I'm not one to rush starting baby food. The bottle is just much easier. :) But I did start it. I'll have to take some pictures and post them. Olivia is doing pretty well except she doesn't open her mouth very much. She starts sucking on her tongue as soon as she sees the spooning coming her way. Emma opens her mouth but then once the food is in, she is like "What the heck is that and what am I supposed to do with it?"
Loren has reached a new stage (starting yesterday) of temper tantrum throwing. Maybe this is because we are nearing 2 years of age. I don't know but it has to stop. I've just been putting her in her crib when she throws her fit and she can stay there until she is done. Her main fit comes when we come home and she refuses to get out of the van. It's absolutely freezing outside and I don't know what kind of buttons she would push in the van. But I'm sure I would find out next time I got in. Yep, lovely!!
Other than that, I don't have a lot to write. Olivia is coming close to crawling. Emma rolls from her tummy to her back. Olivia is all over the place. We had to take them out of the same crib because Emma isn't going to live long if we keep her confined with Livy. So we'll see. Last night Emma slept in the pack n play. We have got to figure out what we are doing with the sleeping/room situation. Plus, Livy knows we are in the same room. You get up and you see these little eyes poking out over the bumper. It's like she's saying "I know you are there".
Alyssa had a great report today from her teacher. We are starting to work on her address and phone number today. The address is pretty easy because it is the name of her cousin, Anne.
Well, I'm off to attempt naps for the twins.

No comments: