Monday, October 5, 2009

Fewer and fewer....

Well, these updates are getting harder for me to keep up with. Things are just crazy!!!!! I'll try to give you updates on each of us.

Emma - had a viral infection which then her skin had a bad reaction to it - broke out in hives or something. She is doing much better now. But two weeks of not eating well hasn't done her weight any favors. She is at 14 lb. 9 oz. So I'm praying we get back on the uphill climb. She has a cookie swallow Wednesday. They will x-ray her while she eats to see if she can have non-thickened milk so we can transition to a sippy cup or at least have the freedom to do what we want. She is almost walking. She walks holding onto things. She is becoming louder by the minute. She is still very sweet and I love watching her grow.

Olivia - is a character. She loves to play and have fun. But she also has a temper like Loren had/has. She swings her arms around and throws herself on the floor and is rather humorous to watch. She is very loving and like to snuggle. She is doing very well.

Loren - is currently sick with a fever. Lovely! She has started talking so much since Alyssa has started Kindergarten. It's very cute! She is also calling the shots as far as potty training is concerned. It is only when she innitiates it. So today she has gone pee pee twice and poopy once. I'll take whatever I can get. : )

Alyssa - is thriving and doing so well in Kindergarten. She scored third highest in her class on one of her testing with letters and sounds/reading. Very cool! She is also behaving very well. Today was pajama day and they had popcorn and had a great time. She loves to beat up/wrestle with daddy.

Mike - working hard. Putting in long days. He has lost 43 lbs since the girls were in the NICU. He loves to go mountain biking when he can. We try to hike with all the kids on Sundays. It's been fun.

Myself - I just had surgery on Friday to aspirate the cyst on my left kidney. There were some unexpected issues but I think it went well. We sent out some stuff to get tested and we'll know more tomorrow. Just trying to get myself better now that my kids are getting there.

I'm exhausted most of the time but I'm keeping up. Obviously not with this blog but I'll do what I can. : )

I'm off to sit and have some down time before bed. Hopefully I can get better with this and posting pictures. Love to you all! Bethany

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So good to hear updates on everyone. I can't even keep up with one, so I can't imagine all that you are doing. Glad you are all doing well!
Kelly

Megan said...

So glad to hear from you. I'm glad that everyone is doing pretty well. I am praying for Emma and for her weight to come back up. I'm sure all the walking burns some calories too. :) I am anxious to hear ur results from surgery. I have been praying for your entire family! :)