Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Trip to the ER, Home makeover and 1st day of school








So much has happened since my last blog. Life is crazy and fast! What to share first....

Well, Mom and Dad went to Africa 3 weeks ago. Alison and I and a lot of help from family and friends, made over Mom and Dad's kitchen and bathroom. So these are before and after pictures. Mom was very surprised and that was fun to see.

Loren fell off the furniture that she shouldn't be climbing on at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Kokomo, hit her head and we got to take a lovely trip to the ER. Loren got 8 staples in the back of her head. We get them taken out Friday. Mike and I could definitely say we've seen our fair share of hospitals and ER rooms. Now we're just curious....humm....wonder what this hospital is like?

Alyssa started school today and was very brave. She LOVED every minute of it and is very excited to go back tomorrow.

I have been asked to do a radio interview about our experience in the NICU on Thursday. Should be interesting/fun...not sure yet. I hope that we can send a message of gratitude and that we can touch people out there that have been through what we have.

Oh yea, and I found out that I have hypothyroidism. I have an underactive thyroid. I was glad to figure out what was wrong with me. I have had the hardest year having energy and strength, my hair falling out, trying to lose weight and not succeeding and just struggling to get out of bed every day. So I had some blood work done and this is what they found. My thyroid was damaged during my pregnancy. I had almost all the symptoms, I just didn't know anything about this. So they started meds and I'm hoping we are going to get back to normal sometime. They said it should take about 2 months. So I'm trying to be patient. But I'm so glad to know what the problem is so that we can fix it.

I think this is all for now. :)

No comments: