Monday, August 10, 2009

Starting to walk...

Yes, Olivia has taken a few steps on her own. She is 100% ready she just would rather crawl most of the time. Most of the time she walks, she is unaware that she is. It's funny!
Emma has taken huge progress in her eating. She is now eating solids. She has 8 teeth which help in the process. She is the strongest I have ever seen her. She stands up and is a fast crawler. It will be interesting to see how long it takes her to walk. By the way, I'm not encouraging any of this (for my sake). :)
Anyway, things are going well here. Everyone is healthy and that is so wonderful!!! Alyssa is all ready for kindergarten and I think I am too.
Well, I'll keep you posted but there is not a lot going on at the moment. Alyssa has her cleft team appointment in November so I'm very anxious to see when we start the next process - which will be with her mouth and teeth. She has already lost one tooth and is growing one in its place so it might be time to get things going. We'll see...She asked for the first time ever if she could put on her patch today. I said yes and asked why. She said "I just don't want to always be like this". Break my heart. Sometimes I do get frustrated ...like ..."Can't she get a break?" It's enough to deal with her heart and her cleft stuff, can't her eyes just be fine? Frustrating...

No comments: