Thursday, June 4, 2009

Update on little Emma..

Had a BUSY week....Her Cat Scan showed the same. Her ventricles are still enlarged but causing no pressure on the brain and no need for a shunt right now. They will check again in 6 months. He was more concerned with her weight. And who isn't?
Her kidney sonogram showed that her nephrocalcinosis/calcifications/kidney stones are decreasing. It was slightly better but we will gladly take that. She will have another sono in 6 months. She weighed in (with clothes on) at 12 lb. 12 oz. So I don't know her true weight but I will take the fact that she is over 12 lb. Go Emma!!!! Personally, I think she has really taken off. Her activity, her talking, her not staying still, trying to crawl (she is starting to army style it), everything...she is doing great!!! We didn't qualify for Respit to help with childcare but that is o.k. For those of you who don't know what that is, it was a suggestion that we look into Respit to see if we could get some help with childcare so that we could get a break and Mike and I could have some time together. Even though Emma is still dealing with her weight and us trying to keep her from getting sick, she still didn't qualify for this specific kind. There is another kind that she might qualify for when she is 3 years old but I hope we don't have medical issues then. There is a chance we could qualify with Alyssa's heart condition but I don't know yet. We'll just keep going trying to make the best of everything.
We have debated putting the girls in the day care at the gym but our hold back is exposing her to getting sick and would that take more weight off? We don't know how long we have to be careful. But we also need a break here and there. So...we'll see. We might try it on a trial basis.

We are very thankful for where she is. She is amazing!!!! Her urologist is hoping she will make a full recovery with her kidneys. She did say that the only thing she sees in her future is needing growth hormones. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks again for all your prayers!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

great to hear all of the good news! Hope you find a way to get a break. ummm email or call me if you get a chance.

Megan said...

I cannot believe you did not get respit! :( I would so watch your children to help you two get a night or two off. I am praying that something goes through. You two deserve it and NEED IT! I am praying for all of you and I am so proud of Emma!

I know I have never met your children, but I feel like I know them. I pray for them daily and since I have known you for so long I also feel like I know your children.

God will work it all out just like He has done in the past. Keep speaking out your past victories to your current struggles!