Thursday, June 18, 2009

Enjoying my first day off....

So I drove to Kokomo yesterday and dropped off the kids to both sets of grandparents. Then drove to Cincinnati last night. Long day!!! But worth it. Slept the entire night without waking up and then took a morning nap. Already loving this. And I started a new book and have read three chapters. It has been so refreshing!!! Alison, Sarah and I leave tonight for Florida. I'll be flying back Tuesday morning. I'm so very thankful for this time to refill my tank and just get some me time. I will miss my girls but not wish that I was at home...until Tuesday.

So here is quick update on the girls. Alyssa had her physical yesterday for Kindergarten. She is 42 lbs. and 44 inches tall. She is doing really well. Her kindergarten is all day...8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. So this should be an interesting adjustment. I think I have found a neighbor who will take and pick her up. Her daughter is in 1st grade. I really hope that works. Taking all four kids inside is not my idea of fun. But we'll make it work no matter what.

While we were at the doctor, I weighed Emma. She weighs 12 lb. 7 oz. I'm so thankful. She is doing very well. She is crawling (G.I. crawl) very quickly. Now I have two that I need to hunt down. On Tuesday, the only way I found her was she was in the bathroom playing with the spring that keeps the door from hitting the wall. These girls need bells on their socks (if they would keep their socks on that would work). Easter Seals came out to evaluate her. She is 1 year but she is about 7 1/2 months developmentally. She should be about 9 months. But she is doing well enough that they aren't going to start therapy...they are just going to monitor her. They will come back in 3 months and evaluate her again. So that is good news. They were impressed with where she has come from and that she is not on any medications. Go Emma!!!

Olivia is standing up to everything. She hasn't started to walk though, which I am totally o.k. with. Last weight she was 18 lb. 5 oz. She is doing really well.

Back to Alyssa...she had her eye exam this week. Her eyes have not improved any more but he still thinks there is time to get them better. So on we go with patching. It is still a constant battle. She says she hates it. The bad thing is when she is in school, she won't be able to wear it because she won't be able to see anything. Aughhhh!! Oh well, we'll just keep on keeping on. I'm sure we'll be hitting the weekends harder and after school gets out.

Loren. Loren. Loren....what to say? I discovered that Loren has been taking food out of our pantry and throwing it away. I know...go ahead and laugh. I kind of am. The not funny part is we have been really trying to watch our budget especially with groceries. I guess she thinks she is cute enough she can get away with it. On a positive note, she took her wet diaper and threw it away for me yesterday.

Well, I'm going to get back to my relaxing day. So nice!!!

3 comments:

Kelli725 said...

We're glad you're getting a small vacation for yourself! Sometimes we need those...and you deserve it for sure!!
~Matt and Kelli

Unknown said...

OK I'm just loving the Loren bit! LOL

Unknown said...

Hey - That's me, not Ryan by the way...I'm sure you guessed that. : )