Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Emma

I went in this morning to find Emma with blood coming out her nose and into her mouth. They said they had to suction her out and it caused her to bleed. The air in the cannula doesn't help and the cannula is a little too big. So I cleaned her up and suctioned her out again and asked for a smaller cannula. Then I fed her for the 1st time. They all tried and couldn't get her to eat. They had called the doctor at 4 a.m. concerned because she still hadn't eaten and her respiration was 80 and they were thinking she should be in the ICU. She also went up to 3 liters of oxygen. As the day progressed, she got stronger and ate better and breathed easier. I ended up feeding her 9 oz. between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. By the end of the night, she was smiling for the 1st time in a week and bouncing on my lap. I'm glad she is doing better. She is back down to 1 liter of oxygen. She has lost more weight and is down to 11 lb. 7 oz. I hate to see her lose any more. I hope she doesn't. So in order to come home, she has to be off of oxygen and eating well. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for the prayers!!! Keep them coming!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet baby. She just needed her mama. : ) And she's got a great one. We're praying for her and we love you guys. I can't wait to hold her again and see that heart melting smile. - Susan

Kelly said...

Praying for Emma and her family too!
Kelly