Sunday, September 19, 2010


This is Alyssa's 1st day of 1st grade. She is beautiful!!!

I'm ready for things to slow down. Had a crazy week last week with Alyssa's MRI. It went well. It was a very long day! We didn't leave the hospital til 4:00 p.m. She required an adult dosage of drugs so it was harder to get out of her system. She missed school the next day because she was still achey and her stomach wasn't feeling right. We did do the Versaid (sp?), with numbing cream for her veins and an i.v. She prefers that for next time. She argued with me at first about all options. So then I stated that she had to do one but she could choose which one and she choose the i.v. instead of the mask. I carried her to the room and I put her in the arms of a nurse. They took her from there so I couldn't see if she was scared or traumatized and it was very hard on me. I went to get some food and a drink and lost it in the cafeteria in the middle of ordering my stuff. I put my wallet up beside my face to hide my tears and told the lady what else I wanted...it's a good thing it was in the hospital because they probably see it at least some. Complete breakdown....oh why couldn't it be in the bathroom? So I got back to the waiting room and got my composure and the nurse came out and told me how she did. She was only scared for a short time and then they were able to distract her. But she did fine. Her MRI took 2 1/2 hours. We might find out the results tomorrow. We'll see...I'm not really ready to find out if we are facing open heart surgery soon. I'm hoping I have more time.

Mike's grandmother passed away last night. It's been a long road and we know she is in heaven...still doesn't make it easy. We will be heading to IN tomorrow night. She was an amazing lady! We will miss her dearly!

Alyssa starts her orthodontic work tomorrow. She is scared it will hurt and she won't be able to eat or drink but I told her she could. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Emma is dealing with siunitis with infections in both ears. Lovely! So we are trying to get that cleared up. I am hoping and praying for slower weeks to come. We need some down time.

I'll post when I know more.
Love,
me

No comments: