Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm completely wiped out and Olivia is in her bed screaming at me so I shouldn't write long. It has been a crazy summer! Ups and downs for sure...

Emma is going in Friday to remove the packing in her ear. It will be a short 15 minute surgery but it will be in the operating room. Her biopsy came back and there is no cancer. They were very baffled by the tissue but they seem to think they know what it is and it was good they removed and might have less a chance of coming back. Her next surgery for the other ear is scheduled for August 19th.

We took Emma to the emergency room Sunday night. She was just struggling to breath - she had a cold - and needed a little help from her friend - oxygen. We were in the ER til 1:00 a.m. then admitted. We were discharged the next day. I came home to Loren bawling because she said her ear hurts. So off I took the kids to the doctor and she had really bad ear infections in both ears. So as of today I think we are on the upswing.

Loren's face is healing. I know the scars should look better over time.

Alyssa is going to have an MRI. The doctor thinks it might be time for her open heart surgery to replace her pulmonary valve. The x-ray showed her heart is enlarged more and they can't let it go too long being too big. It will stretch out her muscle wall so much that it won't bounce back and they need it too. So the MRI will tell us exactly how big it is and then we will decide. The one day I dread more than any other is telling Alyssa she needs open heart surgery. Not sure how I'm going to go about that one.

So that is where we are and I need to get off of here and take care of my littles.

Thanks for hanging in there with me through the lack of writing and posting pictures. Once school starts I might have some more down time to update. We'll see...: )

1 comment:

Meercat said...

Sending hugs your way. Sorry I missed your call earlier. Let's catch up tomorrow, my friend!